1. the organ of sight
2. good discernment (either visually or as if visually)
- she has an eye for fresh talent
- he has an artist's eye
3. attention to what is seen
- he tried to catch her eye
4. an area that is approximately central within some larger region
- they were in the eye of the storm
5. a small hole or loop (as in a needle)
- the thread wouldn't go through the eye
Definition categories: man–made, hole
Sentences with eye as a noun:
- Bright lights really hurt my eyes.
- The car was quite pleasing to the eye, but impractical.
- That dress caught her eye.
- He has an eye for talent.
- She was giving him the eye at the bar.
- an eye of pheasants