1. a source of danger; a possibility of incurring loss or misfortune
- drinking alcohol is a health hazard
2. an unknown and unpredictable phenomenon that causes an event to result one way rather than another
Definition categories: phenomenon
3. an obstacle on a golf course
Definition categories: man–made, obstacle
Sentences with hazard as a noun:
- He encountered the enemy at the hazard of his reputation and life.
- The video game involves guiding a character on a skateboard past all kinds of hazards.
1. put forward, of a guess, in spite of possible refutation
2. put at risk
3. take a risk in the hope of a favorable outcome
Sentences with hazard as a verb:
- I'll hazard a guess.