1. an artistic form of nonverbal communication
2. a party of people assembled for dancing
3. taking a series of rhythmical steps (and movements) in time to music
4. a party for social dancing
1. move in a graceful and rhythmical way
- The young girl danced into the room
2. move in a pattern; usually to musical accompaniment; do or perform a dance
- My husband and I like to dance at home to the radio
3. skip, leap, or move up and down or sideways
- The children danced with joy
Sentences with dance as a verb:
- I danced with her all night long.
- His eyes danced with pleasure as he spoke.
- Have you ever danced the tango?