1. informal terms for a meal
2. the part of a forequarter from the neck to the ribs and including the shoulder blade
Definition categories: food
3. a holding device consisting of adjustable jaws that center a workpiece in a lathe or center a tool in a drill
Definition categories: man–made
Sentences with chuck as a noun:
- Are you all right, chuck?
- She gave him an affectionate chuck under the chin.
1. throw carelessly
- chuck the ball
Similar word(s): toss
2. throw away
- Chuck these old notes
Similar word(s): ditch
3. pat or squeeze fondly or playfully, especially under the chin
Similar word(s): pat
4. eject the contents of the stomach through the mouth
Sentences with chuck as a verb:
- Chuck that magazine to me, would you?
- This food′s gone off - you′d better chuck it.
- She's chucked me for another man!
- Let's chuck.