(noun, verb, interjection)
1. Imitation of car horn, used, for example, to clear a path for oneself.
1. the cry of a goose (or any sound resembling this)
Definition categories: event, cry
1. make a loud noise
Similar word(s): beep, blare, claxon, toot
Definition categories: perception, go, sound
2. use the horn of a car
Similar word(s): claxon
Definition categories: communication, noise, resound
3. cry like a goose
- The geese were honking
Similar word(s): cronk
Definition categories: communication, emit, utter
4. eject the contents of the stomach through the mouth
Similar word(s): barf, cast, cat, chuck, disgorge, puke, purge, regorge, regurgitate, retch, sick, spew, spue, upchuck, vomit
Definition categories: body, egest, eliminate, excrete, pass
Sentences with honk as a verb:
- They stood and observed how long it took for the other cars to honk.
- "Honk!" she said, beaming reassuringly through the window and flapping her arms.