1. (Ireland, informal) terrible, disastrous.
- The weather was cat, so they returned home early.
1. feline mammal usually having thick soft fur and no ability to roar: domestic cats; wildcats
2. an informal term for a youth or man
3. a spiteful woman gossip
- what a cat she is!
4. the leaves of the shrub Catha edulis which are chewed like tobacco or used to make tea; has the effect of a euphoric stimulant
5. a whip with nine knotted cords
- British sailors feared the cat
Definition categories: man–made, whip
6. a large tracked vehicle that is propelled by two endless metal belts; frequently used for moving earth in construction and farm work
Similar word(s): caterpillar
Definition categories: man–made
7. any of several large cats typically able to roar and living in the wild
8. a method of examining body organs by scanning them with X rays and using a computer to construct a series of cross-sectional scans along a single axis
Definition categories: act
Sentences with cat as a noun:
- a carrier's bow cats
1. beat with a cat-o'-nine-tails
2. eject the contents of the stomach through the mouth