1. Representing the sound or action of a zap.
- Then the computer went zap and I lost all my work.
1. a sudden event that imparts energy or excitement, usually with a dramatic impact
- they gave it another zap of radiation
Definition categories: event
Sentences with zap as a noun:
- You might feel a little zap touching a metal doorknob when the air is dry.
1. strike suddenly and with force
- This show zaps the viewers with some shocking scenes
2. kill with or as if with a burst of gunfire or electric current or as if by shooting
Similar word(s): vaporize
3. strike at with firepower or bombs
- zap the enemy
4. cook or heat in a microwave oven
Sentences with zap as a verb:
- They spent the whole movie zapping bad guys into oblivion.
- I think they zapped the processor.
- If it's not warm in the middle, zap it some more.
- They zapped a lot of files before realizing they had not backed up lately.
- They zapped my motor's magnets.