1. the conscious subjective aspect of feeling or emotion
Definition categories: feeling
1. have an effect upon
- Will the new rules affect me?
2. act physically on; have an effect upon
- the medicine affects my heart rate
3. connect closely and often incriminatingly
- This new ruling affects your business
4. make believe with the intent to deceive
5. have an emotional or cognitive impact upon
Definition categories: emotion
Sentences with affect as a verb:
- The experience affected me deeply.
- The heat of the sunlight affected the speed of the chemical reaction.
- He was deeply affected by the tragic ending of the play.
- Hepatitis affects the liver.
- to affect ignorance
- He managed to affect a smile despite feeling quite miserable.