1. wanting in physical strength
- a weak pillar
Similar word(s): delicate, powerless, anaemic, anemic, adynamic, asthenic, debilitated, enervated, faint, feeble, lame, flimsy, insubstantial, gutless, spineless, pale, pallid, sick, wan, puny, vulnerable, weakened, limp, wilted, tender, untoughened
2. overly diluted; thin and insipid
- weak tea
3. (used of vowels or syllables) pronounced with little or no stress
- a weak stress on the second syllable
4. wanting in moral strength, courage, or will; having the attributes of man as opposed to e.g. divine beings
5. tending downward in price
- a weak market for oil stocks
Similar word(s): down
6. deficient or lacking in some skill
- he's weak in spelling
Similar word(s): unskilled
7. lacking bodily or muscular strength or vitality
8. (used of verbs) having standard (or regular) inflection
Similar word(s): regular
9. not having authority, political strength, or governing power
- a weak president
Similar word(s): powerless
10. deficient in magnitude; barely perceptible; lacking clarity or brightness or loudness etc
- weak colors
- a weak pulse
11. likely to fail under stress or pressure
- the weak link in the chain
Similar word(s): fallible
12. deficient in intelligence or mental power
- a weak mind
Similar word(s): stupid
Sentences with weak as an adjective:
- The child was too weak to move the boulder.
- They easily guessed his weak computer password.
- a weak timber; a weak rope
- weak resolutions; weak virtue
- We were served stale bread and weak tea.
- a weak acid;
- This place is weak.
- The prosecution advanced a weak case.
- a weak sentence; a weak style
- a weak market; wheat is weak at present
- a weak negative