1. pathetically lacking in force or effectiveness
- a lame argument
2. disabled in the feet or legs
3. (slang) failing to be cool, funny, interesting or relevant.
Sentences with lame as an adjective:
- a lame leg, arm or muscle
- He had a really lame excuse for missing the birthday party.
- He kept telling these extremely lame jokes all night.
- I told him not to bring me flowers, so he brought a bunch of carrots instead. It was lame but it made me smile.
1. someone who doesn't understand what is going on
Similar word(s): square
2. a fabric interwoven with threads of metal
- she wore a gold lame dress