1. lacking or marked by lack of intellectual acuity
Similar word(s): anserine, dopey, dopy, foolish, gooselike, goosey, goosy, jerky, asinine, fatuous, inane, blockheaded, boneheaded, duncical, duncish, fatheaded, loggerheaded, thick, thickheaded, cloddish, doltish, dense, dim, dull, dumb, obtuse, slow, gaumless, gormless, lumpen, lumpish, unthinking, nitwitted, senseless, witless, weak, stupid, unintelligent
2. in a state of mental numbness especially as resulting from shock
- was stupid from fatigue
3. lacking intelligence
Sentences with stupid as an adjective:
- Because it's a big stupid jellyfish!
- Neurobiology bores me stupid.
- That dunk was stupid! His head was above the rim!
- I fell over the stupid wire.
1. (slang, dated) Extremely.
- My gear is stupid fly.