1. an interpretation of a matter from a particular viewpoint
- his version of the fight was different from mine
2. something a little different from others of the same type
- an experimental version of the night fighter
3. a written work (as a novel) that has been recast in a new form
Similar word(s): adaptation
4. a written communication in a second language having the same meaning as the written communication in a first language
Definition categories: communication
5. a mental representation of the meaning or significance of something
6. manual turning of a fetus in the uterus (usually to aid delivery)
Sentences with version as a noun:
- It's only in the King James Version of the Bible.
- He gave another version of the affair.
- Upgrade to the latest version for new features and bug fixes.
- External cephalic version is a process by which a breech baby can sometimes be turned from buttocks or foot first to head first.
1. (computing) To keep track of (a file, document, etc.) in a versioning system.