1. a presentation to the mind in the form of an idea or image
2. a creation that is a visual or tangible rendering of someone or something
Definition categories: man–made, creation
3. the act of representing; standing in for someone or some group and speaking with authority in their behalf
4. the state of serving as an official and authorized delegate or agent
Definition categories: state
5. a body of legislators that serve in behalf of some constituency
- a Congressional vacancy occurred in the representation from California
6. a factual statement made by one party in order to induce another party to enter into a contract
- the sales contract contains several representations by the vendor
7. a performance of a play
8. a statement of facts and reasons made in appealing or protesting
- certain representations were made concerning police brutality
9. the right of being represented by delegates who have a voice in some legislative body
10. an activity that stands as an equivalent of something or results in an equivalent
Sentences with representation as a noun:
- The Venus of Willendorf was an early representation of the female body.
- People who cannot afford representation are eligible for government assistance.
- The lack of representation in the British parliament was one of the main factors behind the American Revolution.