1. leave (a job, post, or position) voluntarily
- She vacated the position when she got pregnant
2. leave behind empty; move out of
- You must vacate your office by tonight
3. cancel officially
- vacate a death sentence
Sentences with vacate as a verb:
- I have to vacate my house by midday, as the new owner is moving in.
- You are hereby ordered to vacate the premises within 14 days.
- He vacated his coaching position because of the corruption scandal.
- The judge vacated the earlier decision when new evidence was presented.
- If you do not immediately vacate the area, we will make you leave with tear gas!