1. Any of numerous species of small passerine birds native to tropical America.
1. put an end to a state or an activity
- Quit teasing your little brother
Definition categories: stative
2. give up or retire from a position
Similar word(s): resign
3. go away or leave
Similar word(s): depart
4. turn away from; give up
5. give up in the face of defeat of lacking hope; admit defeat
Definition categories: competition
Sentences with quit as a verb:
- After having to work overtime without being paid, I quit my job.
- John is planning to quit smoking.