1. conduit consisting of a long hollow object (usually cylindrical) used to hold and conduct objects or liquids or gases
Similar word(s): tubing
Definition categories: man–made, conduit
2. electronic device consisting of a system of electrodes arranged in an evacuated glass or metal envelope
Definition categories: man–made
3. a hollow cylindrical shape
Similar word(s): pipe
4. (anatomy) any hollow cylindrical body structure
5. an electric railway operating below the surface of the ground (usually in a city)
- in Paris the subway system is called the `metro' and in London it is called the `tube' or the `underground'
Sentences with tube as a noun:
- A tube of toothpaste.
- No mate, I am taking the tube!
- Are you just going to sit around all day and watch the tube?
1. provide with a tube or insert a tube into
2. convey in a tube
- inside Paris, they used to tube mail
3. ride or float on an inflated tube
- We tubed down the river on a hot summer day
4. place or enclose in a tube
Sentences with tube as a verb:
- She tubes lipstick.
- They tubed down the Colorado River.