1. a thing constructed; a complex entity constructed of many parts
- the structure consisted of a series of arches
- she wore her hair in an amazing construction of whirls and ribbons
Similar word(s): construction
2. the manner of construction of something and the arrangement of its parts
- artists must study the structure of the human body
- the structure of the benzene molecule
3. the complex composition of knowledge as elements and their combinations
- his lectures have no structure
4. a particular complex anatomical part of a living thing and its construction and arrangement
- he has good bone structure
Definition categories: body
5. the people in a society considered as a system organized by a characteristic pattern of relationships
- sociologists have studied the changing structure of the family
Sentences with structure as a noun:
- The birds had built an amazing structure out of sticks and various discarded items.
- He studied the structure of her face.
- The structure of a sentence.
- The structure of the society was still a mystery.
- For some, the structure of school life was oppressive.
- This structure contains both date and timezone information.
- There's lots of structure to be fished along the west shore of the lake; the impoundment submerged a town there when it was built.
- The South African leader went off to consult with the structures.