1. a reference point to shoot at
Similar word(s): mark
2. a person who is the aim of an attack (especially a victim of ridicule or exploitation) by some hostile person or influence
- the target of a manhunt
3. the location of the target that is to be hit
4. sports equipment consisting of an object set up for a marksman or archer to aim at
Similar word(s): butt
Definition categories: man–made
5. the goal intended to be attained (and which is believed to be attainable)
Sentences with target as a noun:
- Take careful aim at the target.
- They have a target to finish the project by November.
- He made a good target.
- Do you charge by source or target?
1. intend (something) to move towards a certain goal
Sentences with target as a verb:
- The advertising campaign targeted older women.
- This cross-platform compiler can target any of several processors.