1. the state of affairs that a plan is intended to achieve and that (when achieved) terminates behavior intended to achieve it
Similar word(s): end
2. the place designated as the end (as of a race or journey)
3. game equipment consisting of the place toward which players of a game try to advance a ball or puck in order to score points
Definition categories: man–made
4. a successful attempt at scoring
- the winning goal came with less than a minute left to play
Sentences with goal as a noun:
- My lifelong goal is to get into a Hollywood movie.
- She failed in her goal to become captain of the team.