1. an area composed of subdivided lots
2. the act of subdividing; division of something previously divided
3. a division of some larger or more complex organization
4. a self-contained part of a larger composition (written or musical)
Similar word(s): section
5. a section of a section; a part of a part; i.e., a part of something already divided
Similar word(s): subsection
Sentences with subdivision as a noun:
- Work on one subdivision at a time.
- They're putting in a new subdivision out past Black Ranch Road.
1. to separate something into smaller pieces