1. an artistic form of auditory communication incorporating instrumental or vocal tones in a structured and continuous manner
Definition categories: communication
2. any agreeable (pleasing and harmonious) sounds
- he fell asleep to the music of the wind chimes
Similar word(s): euphony
3. musical activity (singing or whistling etc.)
- his music was his central interest
4. (music) the sounds produced by singers or musical instruments (or reproductions of such sounds)
5. punishment for one's actions
- you have to face the music
Similar word(s): medicine
Sentences with music as a noun:
- I keep listening to this music because it's eargasmic.
1. (transitive) To seduce or entice with music.