1. a violent weather condition with winds 64-72 knots (11 on the Beaufort scale) and precipitation and thunder and lightning
Definition categories: phenomenon
2. a violent commotion or disturbance
- the storms that had characterized their relationship had died away
Similar word(s): tempest
3. a direct and violent assault on a stronghold
Sentences with storm as a noun:
- The proposed reforms have led to a political storm.
1. behave violently, as if in state of a great anger
2. take by force
- Storm the fort
Similar word(s): force
3. rain, hail, or snow hard and be very windy, often with thunder or lightning
- If it storms, we'll need shelter
Definition categories: weather
4. blow hard
- It was storming all night
5. attack by storm; attack suddenly
Similar word(s): surprise
Sentences with storm as a verb:
- She stormed out of the room.
- Troops stormed the complex.
- It stormed throughout the night.