1. the atmospheric conditions that comprise the state of the atmosphere in terms of temperature and wind and clouds and precipitation
- they were hoping for good weather
- every day we have weather conditions and yesterday was no exception
Similar word(s): conditions
Definition categories: phenomenon
Sentences with weather as a noun:
- Wooden garden furniture must be well oiled as it is continuously exposed to weather.
1. face and withstand with courage
2. cause to slope
3. sail to the windward of
4. change under the action or influence of the weather
- A weathered old hut
Sentences with weather as a verb:
- to weather a cape; to weather another ship
- Joshua weathered a collision with a freighter near South Africa.