1. Old-fashioned; from before the digital age.
1. water at boiling temperature diffused in the atmosphere
Sentences with steam as a noun:
- After three weeks in bed he was finally able to sit up under his own steam.
- Dad had to go outside to blow off some steam.
1. travel by means of steam power
- The ship steamed off into the Pacific
Similar word(s): steamer
2. emit steam
- The rain forest was literally steaming
3. rise as vapor
4. get very angry
- her indifference to his amorous advances really steamed the young man
5. clean by means of steaming
- steam-clean the upholstered sofa
6. cook something by letting steam pass over it
- just steam the vegetables
Sentences with steam as a verb:
- to steam wood or cloth
- It really steams me to see her treat him like that.
- With all the heavy breathing going on the windows were quickly steamed in the car.
- We steamed around the Mediterranean.
- If he heard of anyone picking the fruit he would steam off and lecture them.