1. a pesticide in suspension or solution; intended for spraying
2. a quantity of small objects flying through the air
- a spray of bullets
Similar word(s): spraying
Definition categories: quantity
3. flower arrangement consisting of a single branch or shoot bearing flowers and foliage
Definition categories: man–made
4. a dispenser that turns a liquid (such as perfume) into a fine mist
Definition categories: man–made, dispenser
5. water in small drops in the atmosphere; blown from waves or thrown up by a waterfall
Definition categories: substance
6. a jet of vapor
Sentences with spray as a noun:
- The sailor could feel the spray from the waves.
- The bridesmaid carried a spray of lily-of-the-valley.
- The tree has a beautiful spray.
1. be discharged in sprays of liquid
- Water sprayed all over the floor
2. scatter in a mass or jet of droplets
- spray water on someone
- spray paint on the wall
3. cover by spraying with a liquid
- spray the wall with paint
Sentences with spray as a verb:
- The firemen sprayed the house.
- Using a water cannon, the national guard sprayed the protesters.
- Spray some ointment on that scratch.
- to spray the heap of a target process