1. fine powdery material such as dry earth or pollen that can be blown about in the air
- the furniture was covered with dust
2. the remains of something that has been destroyed or broken up
3. free microscopic particles of solid material
- astronomers say that the empty space between planets actually contains measurable amounts of dust
1. remove the dust from
- dust the cabinets
2. rub the dust over a surface so as to blur the outlines of a shape
- The artist dusted the charcoal drawing down to a faint image
3. cover with a light dusting of a substance
- dust the bread with flour
4. distribute loosely
Sentences with dust as a verb:
- The cleaning lady needs a stool to dust the cupboard.
- Dusting always makes me cough.
- The mother dusted her baby's bum with talcum powder.