1. (dialectal or obsolete) Wide; spacious; roomy.
1. (dialectal or obsolete) Far; at a distance; wide in space or extent.
2. (nautical) Off from the wind.
1. an area within a building enclosed by walls and floor and ceiling
- the rooms were very small but they had a nice view
Definition categories: man–made, area
2. space for movement
- room to pass
- hardly enough elbow room to turn around
Similar word(s): way
3. opportunity for
- room for improvement
4. the people who are present in a room
- the whole room was cheering
Sentences with room as a noun:
- Go to your room!
- The room was on its feet.
- Some users may not be able to access the AOL room.