1. clean or organized
- her neat dress
- a neat room
2. showing care in execution
- neat homework
- neat handwriting
Similar word(s): tidy
3. free from clumsiness; precisely or deftly executed
- the neat exactness of the surgeon's knife
4. very good
- a neat sports car
5. (of an alcoholic drink) without water
- took his whiskey neat
Sentences with neat as an adjective:
- My room is neat because I tidied it this morning. She has very neat hair.
- I like my whisky neat.
- The Arbuzov reaction is performed by adding the bromide to the phosphite, neat. The molecular beam was neat acetylene.
- The front room was neat and carefully arranged for the guests.
- Having the two protagonists meet in the last act was a particularly neat touch.
- Hey, neat convertible, man.
1. (archaic) A bull or cow.
2. (archaic) Cattle collectively.
3. (informal) An artificial intelligence researcher who believes that solutions should be elegant, clear and provably correct. Compare scruffy.