1. very good
Sentences with cracking as an adjective:
- The race started at a cracking pace.
- We had a cracking time.
1. (Britain) Very, usually associated with praise.
- It was a cracking good show.
1. a sudden sharp noise
- the crack of a whip
- he heard the cracking of the ice
2. the act of cracking something
3. the process whereby heavy molecules of naphtha or petroleum are broken down into hydrocarbons of lower molecular weight (especially in the oil-refining process)
Definition categories: process
1. present participle of crack