1. (trademark) a liquid that temporarily disables a person; prepared as an aerosol and sprayed in the face, it irritates the eyes and causes dizziness and immobilization
2. an official who carries a mace of office
Similar word(s): macer
3. spice made from the dried fleshy covering of the nutmeg seed
4. a ceremonial staff carried as a symbol of office or authority
1. To hit someone or something with a mace.
2. To spray in defense or attack with mace (pepper spray, or, tear gas) using a hand-held device.
3. (informal) To spray a similar noxious chemical in defense or attack using an available hand-held device such as an aerosol spray can.