1. the means of connection between things linked in series
Similar word(s): nexus
2. a fastener that serves to join or connect
- the walls are held together with metal links placed in the wet mortar during construction
3. the state of being connected
4. a connecting shape
5. a unit of length equal to 1/100 of a chain
Definition categories: quantity
6. (computing) an instruction that connects one part of a program or an element on a list to another program or list
7. a channel for communication between groups
8. a two-way radio communication system (usually microwave); part of a more extensive telecommunication network
Definition categories: man–made
9. an interconnecting circuit between two or more locations for the purpose of transmitting and receiving data
Definition categories: man–made, circuit
Sentences with link as a noun:
- The mayor’s assistant serves as the link to the media.
- The third link of the silver chain needs to be resoldered.
- The weakest link.
- The link on the page points to the sports scores.
- A by-N-link is composed of N lanes.
1. make a logical or causal connection
2. connect, fasten, or put together two or more pieces
- Link arms
Definition categories: contact
3. be or become joined or united or linked
- The travelers linked up again at the airport
Definition categories: stative
4. link with or as with a yoke
Similar word(s): yoke
Sentences with link as a verb:
- My homepage links to my wife's.
- Haven't you seen his Web site? I'll link you to it.
- Stop linking those unfunny comics all the time!