1. a policy of intervening in the affairs of other countries
Similar word(s): intervention
Definition categories: communication
2. the act of hindering or obstructing or impeding
3. electrical or acoustic activity that can disturb communication
4. (American football) blocking a player's path with your body
- he ran interference for the quarterback
5. any obstruction that impedes or is burdensome
Sentences with interference as a noun:
- They were glued to the TV, as the referee called out a fifteen yard penalty for interference.
- They wanted to watch the game on TV, but there was too much interference to even make out the score on the tiny screen.