1. a source of difficulty
- one trouble after another delayed the job
Similar word(s): problem
2. an angry disturbance
- they had labor trouble
3. an event causing distress or pain
- what is the trouble?
- heart trouble
4. an effort that is inconvenient
- I went to a lot of trouble
- he won without any trouble
Similar word(s): difficulty
5. a strong feeling of anxiety
- he wanted to die and end his troubles
Similar word(s): worry
6. an unwanted pregnancy
- he got several girls in trouble
Sentences with trouble as a noun:
- He was in trouble when the rain started.
- The trouble was a leaking brake line.
- the troubles in Northern Ireland
- It's no trouble for me to edit it.
- He had some trouble with the law.
1. move deeply
- A troubling thought
2. to cause inconvenience or discomfort to
- Sorry to trouble you, but...
3. disturb in mind or make uneasy or cause to be worried or alarmed
4. take the trouble to do something; concern oneself
- He did not trouble to call his mother on her birthday
Similar word(s): bother
5. cause bodily suffering to and make sick or indisposed
Sentences with trouble as a verb:
- I will not trouble you to deliver the letter.