1. a message received and understood
Similar word(s): info
2. knowledge acquired through study or experience or instruction
3. formal accusation of a crime
4. a collection of facts from which conclusions may be drawn
Similar word(s): data
5. (communication theory) a numerical measure of the uncertainty of an outcome
- the signal contained thousands of bits of information
Similar word(s): entropy
Definition categories: attribute
Sentences with information as a noun:
- I need some more information about this issue.
- For your information, I did this because I wanted to.