1. marked by strict and particular and complete accordance with fact
- an exact mind
- an exact copy
- hit the exact center of the target
2. (of ideas, images, representations, expressions) characterized by perfect conformity to fact or truth; strictly correct
Sentences with exact as an adjective:
- The clock keeps exact time.
- He paid the exact debt.
- an exact copy of a letter
- exact accounts
- a man exact in observing an appointment
- In my doings I was exact.
1. claim as due or just
Similar word(s): demand
2. take as an undesirable consequence of some event or state of affairs
Sentences with exact as a verb:
- to exact tribute, fees, or obedience
- to exact revenge