1. without fault or mistake; thoroughly skilled or talented.
- a perfect circle
- a perfect person
- perfect happiness
Similar word(s): unblemished, unmarred, unmutilated, unbroken, exact, clean, clear, cold, complete, consummate, down, mastered, errorless, faultless, immaculate, impeccable, incorrupted, flawless, unflawed, ideal, idealised, idealized, idyllic, mint, perfectible, pluperfect, uncorrupted, undefiled, utopian
2. without qualification; used informally as (often as an insult) intensifiers
- a perfect idiot
3. precisely accurate or exact
- perfect timing
Similar word(s): exact
4. excellent and delightful in all aspects.
Sentences with perfect as an adjective:
- That bucket with the hole in the bottom is a poor bucket, but it is perfect for watering plants.
- Practice makes perfect.
- a perfect Manhattan; a perfect Rob Roy
1. a tense of verbs used in describing action that has been completed (sometimes regarded as perfective aspect)
Similar word(s): perfective
1. make perfect or complete
- perfect your French in Paris!
Similar word(s): hone
Sentences with perfect as a verb:
- I am going to perfect this article.
- You spend too much time trying to perfect your dancing.
- perfect an appeal; perfect an interest; perfect a judgment