1. (obsolete) Dedicated; set apart; devoted; consecrated.
1. give entirely to a specific person, activity, or cause
2. open to public use, as of a highway, park, or building
- The Beauty Queen spends her time dedicating parks and nursing homes
3. inscribe or address by way of compliment
- She dedicated her book to her parents
4. set apart to sacred uses with solemn rites, of a church
Sentences with dedicate as a verb:
- dedicated their money to scientific research.
- dedicated ourselves to starting our own business. See Synonyms at devote.
- dedicate a monument.