1. a challenge to do something dangerous or foolhardy
- he could never refuse a dare
Similar word(s): daring
1. take upon oneself; act presumptuously, without permission
- How dare you call my lawyer?
Similar word(s): presume
2. to be courageous enough to try or do something
- I don't dare call him
- she dares to dress differently from the others
- I dare you!
Similar word(s): defy
Sentences with dare as a verb:
- I wouldn't dare argue with my boss.
- I dare you to kiss that girl.
- Will you dare death to reach your goal?