1. (obsolete) Bent without angles; crooked; curved.
- a curve line
- a curve surface
1. the trace of a point whose direction of motion changes
2. a line on a graph representing data
3. a pitch of a baseball that is thrown with spin so that its path curves as it approaches the batter
Similar word(s): bender
4. the property possessed by the curving of a line or surface
Similar word(s): curvature
5. curved segment (of a road or river or railroad track etc.)
Similar word(s): bend
Sentences with curve as a noun:
- You should slow down when approaching a curve.
- She scribbled a curve on the paper.
- The teacher was nice and graded the test on a curve
1. turn sharply; change direction abruptly
2. extend in curves and turns
3. form an arch or curve
- her hips curve nicely
4. bend or cause to bend
- the road curved sharply
Similar word(s): crook
5. form a curl, curve, or kink
Definition categories: change
Sentences with curve as a verb:
- to curve a line
- to curve a pipe
- to curve a ball in pitching it
- the road curves to the right
- The teacher will curve the test.