1. the act of delivering or distributing something (as goods or mail)
- his reluctant delivery of bad news
Similar word(s): bringing
2. the event of giving birth
- she had a difficult delivery
3. your characteristic style or manner of expressing yourself orally
Similar word(s): speech
4. the voluntary transfer of something (title or possession) from one party to another
Similar word(s): livery
5. (baseball) the act of throwing a baseball by a pitcher to a batter
Similar word(s): pitch
6. recovery or preservation from loss or danger
- work is the deliverance of mankind
7. the act of delivering a child
Sentences with delivery as a noun:
- The delivery was completed by four.
- delivery of a nuclear missile to its target
- Your delivery is on the table.
- The delivery was painful.
- His delivery has a catch in it.
- Here is the delivery; ... strike three!
- The actor's delivery was flawless.
- Drug delivery system.