1. Cream-coloured; having a yellowish white colour.
1. the best people or things in a group
- the cream of England's young men were killed in the Great War
Similar word(s): pick
2. the part of milk containing the butterfat
Definition categories: food
3. toiletry consisting of any of various substances in the form of a thick liquid that have a soothing and moisturizing effect when applied to the skin
Definition categories: man–made, toiletry
Sentences with cream as a noun:
- Take 100 ml of cream and 50 grams of sugar
- cream colour:
- the cream of the crop; the cream of a collection of books or pictures
- You look really sunburnt; you should apply some cream.
1. make creamy by beating
- Cream the butter
2. beat thoroughly and conclusively in a competition or fight
3. put on cream, as on one's face or body
- She creams her face every night
4. remove from the surface
- skim cream from the surface of milk
Similar word(s): skim
5. add cream to one's coffee, for example
Sentences with cream as a verb:
- Cream the vegetables with the olive oil, flour, salt and water mixture.
- We creamed the opposing team!