1. (sports) someone in charge of training an athlete or a team
2. a person who gives private instruction (as in singing, acting, etc.)
Similar word(s): tutor
3. a railcar where passengers ride
Similar word(s): carriage
4. a carriage pulled by four horses with one driver
5. a vehicle carrying many passengers; used for public transport
Definition categories: man–made
Sentences with coach as a noun:
- John flew coach to Vienna, but first-class back home.
1. teach and supervise (someone); act as a trainer or coach (to), as in sports
- She is coaching the crew
Similar word(s): train
2. drive a coach
Sentences with coach as a verb:
- She has coached many opera stars.