1. (obsolete) arranged; furnished; provided
2. (obsolete) instructed; taught; enlightened
1. (obsolete) instruction
1. impart skills or knowledge to
- He instructed me in building a boat
2. give instructions or directions for some task
- She instructed the students to work on their pronunciation
3. make aware of
Sentences with instruct as a verb:
- Listen carefully when someone instructs you how to assemble the furniture.
- The doctor instructed me to keep my arm immobilised and begin physiotherapy.