1. a young person of either sex
- she writes books for children
2. a human offspring (son or daughter) of any age
- they had three children
Similar word(s): kid
3. an immature childish person
- he remained a child in practical matters as long as he lived
Similar word(s): baby
4. a member of a clan or tribe
- the children of Israel
Sentences with child as a noun:
- Her child is in 1st grade.
- My youngest child is forty-three.
- Poverty, disease, and despair are the children of war.
- The child node then stores the actual data of the parent node.