1. Of a child: very young; of the age when he or she would be termed a baby or infant.
- a baby boy
2. Of an animal: young.
- a baby elephant
3. Intended for babies.
- baby clothes
4. (of vegetables, etc.) Picked when small and immature (as in baby corn, baby potatoes).
1. a very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk
- the baby began to cry again
- she held the baby in her arms
- it sounds simple, but when you have your own baby it is all so different
2. the youngest member of a group (not necessarily young)
- the baby of the family
- the baby of the Supreme Court
3. an immature childish person
- stop being a baby!
Similar word(s): child
4. an unborn child; a human fetus
- I felt healthy and very feminine carrying the baby
- it was great to feel my baby moving about inside
5. a very young mammal
- baby rabbits
Definition categories: animal
6. a project of personal concern to someone
- this project is his baby
Sentences with baby as a noun:
- When is your baby due?
- Stand up for yourself - don't be such a baby!
- Hey baby, what are you doing later?
- The annual report has been my baby since September.
- See my new car here? I can't wait to take this baby for a drive.