1. a failure to perform some promised act or obligation
2. an opening (especially a gap in a dike or fortification)
3. a personal or social separation (as between opposing factions)
Sentences with breach as a noun:
- A clear breach is when the waves roll over the vessel without breaking. A clean breach is when everything on deck is swept away.
1. act in disregard of laws, rules, contracts, or promises
2. make an opening or gap in
Similar word(s): gap
Sentences with breach as a verb:
- They breached the outer wall, but not the main one.