1. a young person (especially a young man or boy)
Similar word(s): younker
2. young people collectively
- youth everywhere rises in revolt
Similar word(s): young
3. the time of life between childhood and maturity
Definition categories: time
4. early maturity; the state of being young or immature or inexperienced
5. an early period of development
- during the youth of the project
6. the freshness and vitality characteristic of a young person
Sentences with youth as a noun:
- Her youth and beauty is what attracted him to her.
- Make the most of your youth, it will not last forever.
- I made many mistakes in my youth, but learned from them all.
- There was a group of youths hanging around the parking lot, reading fashion magazines and listening to music.