1. care provided to improve a situation (especially medical procedures or applications that are intended to relieve illness or injury)
Similar word(s): intervention
2. the management of someone or something
- the treatment of water sewage
- the right to equal treatment in the criminal justice system
Similar word(s): handling
3. a manner of dealing with something artistically
- his treatment of space borrows from Italian architecture
4. an extended communication (often interactive) dealing with some particular topic
- his treatment of the race question is badly biased
Sentences with treatment as a noun:
- He still has nightmares resulting from the treatment he received from his captors.
- A treatment or cure is applied after a medical problem has already started.
- Cancer survivors who got radiation treatments as children have nearly twice the risk of developing diabetes as adults.
- The change is due largely to the increased availability of antiretroviral treatment.