1. thrown away
- throwaway children living on the streets
- salvaged some thrown-away furniture
2. intended to be thrown away after use
- throwaway diapers
Similar word(s): disposable
Sentences with throwaway as an adjective:
- Water was provided in throwaway plastic bottles, but the more ecologically minded of us refilled our initial bottles from the fountain.
- The host made a throwaway remark about the president that was later repeated on the television news.
1. (sometimes offensive) a homeless boy who has been abandoned and roams the streets
Similar word(s): gamin
2. an advertisement (usually printed on a page or in a leaflet) intended for wide distribution
3. words spoken in a casual way with conscious under-emphasis