1. having a sharp inclination
- the steep attic stairs
- steep cliffs
2. greatly exceeding bounds of reason or moderation
3. of a slope; set at a high angle
- note the steep incline
- a steep roof sheds snow
Similar word(s): high
Sentences with steep as an adjective:
- a steep hill or mountain; a steep roof; a steep ascent; a steep barometric gradient
- Twenty quid for a shave? That's a bit steep.
- The steep rake of the windshield enhances the fast lines of the exterior. 
1. a steep place (as on a hill)
Sentences with steep as a noun:
- Corn steep has many industrial uses.
1. devote (oneself) fully to
2. let sit in a liquid to extract a flavor or to cleanse
- steep the blossoms in oil
- steep the fruit in alcohol
Similar word(s): infuse
Sentences with steep as a verb:
- They steep skins in a tanning solution to create leather.
- The tea is steeping.
- a town steeped in history